About the Role
Clarity Wellness Community is a progressive not-for-profit organization providing mental health services in Allegany and Wyoming counties. Clarity’s mission is to empower people with care, connections and support for a lifetime of choice. We are currently seeking a full-time Street Outreach Coordinator in our Wellsville PROS program to engage individuals, who may not otherwise have the resources, on their path to wellness.
This program is designed to engage individuals in services and support that have not previously engaged in services. The individual could be located at the local emergency room, living on the streets, or simply someone who is showing that they may have a need to receive support in the community.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND EXAMPLE OF DUTIES:
This role will be to provide a presence in the community and establishing relationships with individuals who are showing that they may be struggling in any area of their lives. Individuals can be found at social services, the emergency room, doctor’s offices, grocery stores, gas stations, street corners, etc. With the intent of creating a safe connection and reducing the stigma associated with seeking mental health and or substance use services.
· Crisis Intervention;
· Case Management;
· Individual Counseling;
· Community Outreach to locations where individuals are known to congregate;
· Building relationships and connections within the community, providing education of the available program;
· Maintain client confidentiality, consistent with agency policies;
· Referral readiness and referral services;
· Oversight of outreach, service delivery, utilization and efficacy including: data collection, outcome measurement, record keeping, community mapping and report generation;
· Networking/partnering with other agencies to coordinate the effective use of resources;
· Is able to work flexible hours, including nights as needed;
· Participates in agency on-call hotline rotation;
· Engage individuals in WRAP plannings and normalize the access to services;
· Participation in community committees, coalitions and task forces, as assigned;
· Partnering with agency peer support programs in order to provide collaborative services to individuals in need;
· Effectively manage time to meet responsibilities;
· Participation in supervision;
· Participation in staff meetings and trainings;
· Other duties as assigned.
· Adhere to ethical conduct;
· Demonstrate professionalism i.e., timely, dependable, responsible, flexible;
· Be non-judgmental and respectful;
· Model principles of inclusion and tolerance;
· Be person centered and positive;
· Be family friendly;
· Establish effective working relationships with supervisor and co-workers;
· Develop positive relationships with community partners;
· Have strong literacy skills (i.e., reading, writing, comprehension);
· Have excellent communication skills (verbal and written);
· Conduct research and apply best-practices and evaluation methods;
· Effectively promote knowledge and skill development and positive behaviors;
· Provide leadership and/or work independently as requested.
Candidate must possess significant knowledge of -
· Engagement activities and networking;
· Community program support availability;
· Community resources;
· Client advocacy.
Clarity deliver services to adults from many racial, ethnic, cultural, social and life style groups. We value differences in people and strive to understand diverse cultures, ethnic origins, sexual orientations, abilities and beliefs. To this end, all staff are required to attend professional development trainings and to continually enhance their understanding of cultural diversity.
Staff are expected to respect and honor cultural and human diversity. The annual Performance Appraisal provides an opportunity for staff to evaluate how they are integrating culturally competent practices into their everyday work.
A minimum of a Bachelor's degree required in human services, social work, mental health counseling or a related field; and one-year experience or an equivalent combination of education, employment and life experience.
In addition to the above, it is mandatory that candidates meet the following criteria prior to hire:
Authorization for the agency to obtain driving record information
A valid driver’s license
Candidates must be able to be autonomously mobile in order to provide the required services.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $23.00 - $26.00 per hour
Expected hours: 40 per week
Employee assistance program
Flexible spending account
Health savings account
Paid time off
Professional development assistance
8 hour shift
Monday to Friday
Work Location: In person